soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Power of Love !

I saw “Fanaa” starting Aamir Khan and Kajole yesterday and it made me ponder a lot besides making me weep through so many scenes…It is a well scripted and beautifully shot film. In-depth understanding on the subject of love and relationships on part of the script writer and director was so relevant.

It was quite a refreshing change in times when “LOVE” seems to have lost its true meaning and become some sort of a joke. In today’s time people fall in and out of love and relationships so easily. It’s movies and film makers like these who reinforce faith and belief of die hard romantics like us that the concept of “ True Love” still exist. Yes has its shades, needs nurturing, tolerance, maturity, immense patience, sacrifices and understanding to sustain it. But isn’t that an ingredient to build any relationship, be is companions, parent - child, friendships, siblings etc.

What I really appreciated in the film was the portrayal Love in its different shades…Impulsiveness, Intensity, Sacrifices, Acceptance, Sharing, Anger, Strong healing powers and yet something when balanced well that maintains your individual space and values. Some wise one once very rightfully said to me “Don’t fall in love but Rise in love” I think now I understand it better than what I did then. However different people have different understanding of love … a friend of mine on discussing this subject of people falling out of love so easily, candidly mentioned “ Its just an emotion like any other …don’t our emotions change so why should love be treated differently” While his argument sounded rational but some how I wasn’t convinced. I may sound from the old school of thoughts where I believe strongly that if we really want something to work in our life and relationships we will ensure we put are best foot forward. I have seen couples who truly are an example of this …be it my parents, My friends who were my pillar of strength in my worst phase of life ,this friend of mine who stood by and loves his wife dearly who is suffering from acute arthritis at a very young age and many more such people. It isn’t that life hasn’t brought trials in their lives but they stood by each other for the sake of love and care for each other. All this just reinforces my belief that “Love enriches you as person, it heals and the fact true love still exist “and some day it will come my way too :-)

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Biren said...

hiya, payal.
enjoying your reads. and more so your journey into this unique land of personal voice.
this is the age of 'finding your voice' (8th habit - stephen covey, not me says so).
and like love, finding your voice is a journey. (this, i take responsibility for). to add to what you have said about love (this may SEEM like opposite or opposing, but it is an extension of what you said), to put the right foot forward, you have to start with whatever foot you have. it may seem wrong in that moment, but it always is right in the 'whole' scheme of things.
because, putting the first foot forward (before you put the best foot)is saying 'yes' to the journey.
and the journey is to come home - love yourself. and you learn that through loving-hating others, and yourself. and you keep on 'keeping-on'.
and when you finally realise you love yourself, all your foot forward are the best. because, you love the other person, not for who or what (s)he is... or has... or gives and brings... but because, you have love... you are love. you love the other person because you don't know anything else.
that is true love, i suppose. rest is, as your friend said - emotion of love, not the source.
all this you will know AFTER starting the journey.
i am at gaumukh. you are at gangotri.
i am just trying to paint a picture that you will find after...
so, for now... enjoy gangotri... chirbasa... bhojbasa...
:-)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger soulstirringexperiences said...

Yeah I kind of understand what you trying to convey. It is surely an extension of my thoughts and lots of experience that you have gathered over the years ...I like the way you have identified that i am finding my voice ...truly that’s what it is . It's all been there in my mind all along .Now i have just found a medium to convey the same ...and with sharing and discussing you get a perspective that perhaps you didn’t really realize. I am glad people like you are enriching my thoughts further ...So keep on ‘Keeping on” :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home