soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

GOD's beautiful painting !

Just this morning Mom and I had a bit of an emotional moment as we reviewed LIFE … what it seemed 11 years back to where it stands currently. Surely been a long journey where we faced tough trials and yet evolved beautifully as confident, positive strong individuals.

On the way, came across lots of interesting and motivating stories from wise people we met. That’s what got us to keep on …”Keeping On”. Here’s one such story which is my all time favorite and would love to share.

There was once a young mother sitting on a chair busy with her cross stitch. On the floor besides her sat her son playing with his toys. Every time he looked up all he saw were knotted colourful threads hanging from his mothers cross stitch cloth. He kept wondering what a mess it was and why was his mother patiently continuing to work on the mess.

After a while his curiosity arose and finally he got up and cuddled into his mother’s lap to see what she was doing. Suddenly, he had a big smile on his face as he looked at the cloth sitting on her lap.

What really seemed like a mess from down on the floor was actually a beautiful landscape made of colourful threads...

Isn’t it exactly how we look at life from down here and wonder why God is making a mess of it ...the trick is to be patient and wait for the picture to complete and we shall realize that what seemed like a mess was actually ” A beautiful life god was painting for us ...”

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger soulstirringexperiences said...

In response to ur blog -- "GOD's beautiful painting ! "

A Yeats poem came to mind (My dear friend's fav poem):

"Had I the heavens embroided cloths,Enwrought with golden and silver light,The blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light,I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

warm regards,
Mitesh Arora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home