soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna!

Well yes it’s the title of Karan Johar’s upcoming film (which incidentally has all my Favorite stars and I am looking forward to watch it) it’s also the subject of my post today.

I have observed that I am uncomfortable with Good Byes. I am wondering why though? When I mean by a Good Bye is when we part for a longer duration.

Like when I quit my 1st Job at Oberoi Multimedia or when Reshma (my best friend) got married and left for Canada or when I was leaving from Bangalore after a 4 months stint at Lowe Bangalore office where I had made so many great friends or when I quit Lowe ( my 2nd job and after a stint of 3.5 yrs ) and CD (My ex boss) stood there talking to me on my last day or when a lot of my colleagues move on.

It’ not like that life comes to a stand still nor that I do loose touch with people easily but I think some where I have experienced that things don’t remain same. Though some one new always seems to take place of the old and the void surely gets filled. However there is a discomfort …may be it’s just in my mind.

I remember when I was leaving Bangalore and went say a Good Bye to Ms. Laxmi Venkatachalam (The then chairperson of the Coffee Board of India) she just said “I refuse to bid you a good bye or accept yours either coz I know soon you will be back and I will get to meet and work with you again” This loving statement stayed with me ever since but surely she too like me seems uncomfortable with the simple sounding word ‘Good Bye’.

Are we all uncomfortable or is it just me …I am still to solve this riddle in my mind.

I don’t know if need to solve it though…just as Eckhart Tolle in his book “Stillness Speaks” beautifully answers my confusion "Sometimes surrender means giving up trying to understand and becoming comfortable with not knowing"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home