soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Drift away ...

Is it coincidence that we meet strangers in life and inspite of them being drastically different from us in terms of likes, dislikes, opinions, sensitivities, attitude and lifestyle we still befriend them. Surely it’s a karmic connection that has come to enrich us and make us aware of little realities of life.

It’s difficult to adjust to vast differences but still for some strange reason we try to accommodate to one another. Try to look at the positives in one another and highlight true strengths. Needs a lot of patience and understanding to maintain and grow this friendship. However, better understanding only brings along expectation. And within no time the expectations start to grow.

At times the friendship very unlikely to grow becomes stronger and last a lifetime and the ones that are sure to last seem to start fading away. I think it an effort required both ways. Both need to understand each others sensitivities and help one another grow. One can try to accommodate but if the insensitivity on the others part gets unbearable and painful, it’s ok to drift away! I don’t like the feel of it. Drifting away is painful too but recently I have learnt that loving ones self and respecting our own feelings is crucial. Only when we can respect and love our self can we reach out with our true inner feelings to enrich the other. It surely doesn’t imply that one doesn’t care for the other but it’s important not to let anybody how ever close hurt us and belittle us.

I also strongly believe that if there is sincerity, true love, understanding and respect in a friendship no matter how long or how much the distance one surely connects back and the bond inspite the distance only gets stronger.

While I am drifting away right now, I believe if it’s meant to last, my true friendship will surely sustain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home