soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Priceless little gifts from life !

I have been on the look out to buy myself a diamond pendant since last couple of months to replace a small pretty heart pendant in white gold with a small tiny diamond that I had been wearing last 2.5 years.

After much search I did manage to buy myself something interesting, attractive with quite a few diamonds on it. I was proud of myself as it was my 1st piece of expensive Jewellery with my own money. I felt great that I had finally replaced my favorite pendant with something new ,refreshing and that too worth good amount of money. But to my luck in 10 days of wearing the piece turned out faulty and a diamond fell off. While I managed to get all my money back from the brand I had bought it, as I reached for my cupboard that nite to keep back the money I received, my favorite little heart shapped pendant showed up in front of me.

I had tears rolling down my eyes at the thought that while today I had the money to buy myself a fancy pendant my small tiny little heart shaped pendant surely was what I still loved a lot and it seemed priceless. I realized it was not the value of the pendant that made it priceless but the emmotion, situation and the person who gifted the same to me.

I started to think of all things in my life that were as priceless as the pendant and the list that showed up amazed me…

 Every new Hindi film cassettes that papa gifted me
 The gold chain and gold pendant that papa gifted me after my 12th Standard good results
 Rs. 100 that I got in college as pocket money from papa( never lasted more than a week )
 The offer from my 1st ever crush to walk me back home from tuitions
 My 1st ever rose from a very dear friend in college on the rose day
 My 18th Birthday party where every thing went wrong yet my amazing best friends and family went all out of the way to make the best of it
 A belated birthday bouquet from my dearest friend Pariksheet every birthday
 The surprise birthday wishes on a slide show of the film screen and birthday wishes in midst of a film by my dearest friend on my 21st Birthday
 My Driving license
 My 1st salary cheque of Rs 1500
 My 1st Seaffer Pen from my 1st Boss, Best friend, Mentor and Guide
 The phone call wishing me on Valentines day from my crush for a long time
 Getting that 1st international stamp on my passport that too with my hard earned money
 A little poetry on my name written by a favorite colleague as birthday gift
 A little pink teddy bear gifted by a dear friend as a Thank you for helping him out with his marriage preparations
 My favorite little white sheep and puppy that my two dear friends won from the gaming machine especially for me.
 My 1st drive in my ‘Own’ car
 The ‘Down Memory Lane ‘film with a montage of my pictures gifted to me by my Best friend to make my 30th Birthday most memorable.

I can keep listing so many priceless gifts and moments in my life, it just seems endless. However when I look back I realize that just like my little heart shaped pendant each of these gifts and situations can never be valued by money or be replaced with the most expensive objects in the world.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger soulstirringexperiences said...

Hi Payal,

I loved the above blog that you wrote this week.

Best part was reading the list of precious things in your life...I was remembering some of them when I was with you when you got these.

Otherwise, how r things ???

Keep emailing...

Regards,

Reshma

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...this is really the heart being poured out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home