soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yet another milestone !







Every birthday we grow a year older and wiser (I suppose!!) yet after we complete our teens we start dreading getting older. With each milestone we cross we tend to be vary … of what I am not too sure yet …

One such milestone is turning 30 …

I have been dreading it last 2 years …and with each day getting closer I just was so restless…Until last night when I celebrated my 30th birthday …Strange part is, now that I am HERE and NOW the fears just seemed so silly and meaningless. Fears of being Single, Fear of being left alone, fear of loosing that enthusiasm in life, Fear of failures and rejections, Fear of my life just being part of the rat race …running aimlessly not knowing where we are really heading, fear of loosing out on relationships etc

In the last few months I feel I have actually begun living a new life all over again …its almost as if I have been re born. All the above fears had gripped me so hard that one fine day I decided to break out of the confines and break free …I started with little steps towards creating the new life I wanted … and new doors kept opening up leading me towards this new life.

Though my key door was that opened to my master magicians house …Prasad’s house. That door has opened for me avenues that I didn’t believe I deserved or would ever be able to achieve …such as unconditional love, feeling of gratitude, feeling deserving, true happiness, release, awareness and acceptance to all circumstances and emotions, love for oneself, a big supportive family, faith, patience, being in the moment, abundance, miracles, making what one wants happen for oneself and much much more.

My 30th Birthday ( I like the way I can say it to myself with out that silly fear ) was by far the best birthday I have ever celebrated so far. It started with celebrations with my Reiki family where I was showered by best wishes, love and Reiki, then my family ( that entails my Mom,Sonal Niki and Meena surprising me at midnight with their wishes and gifts,then my office ( which has been like my 1st home ) colleagues, friends pampering and showering me with compliments, and finally spending a fun evening with family and close friends laughing, chatting, even dancing to the dhol ( that was awesome fun) at Phirangi Dhaba…and yes highlight of the evening was “ Down Memory Lane” a film that my 2 best friends Niki , Meena and my Sister Sonal have put together specially for me, which is a montage of pictures of me from childhood till date along with almost every important person and milestone of my life…it has the beautiful background score from KK “ Kal yaad ayeinge yeh Pal” .

I cant even explain how touched and happy I am to see this beautiful film…its truly a trip down memory lane which made me realize how enriched my life has become and how each and every person that touched my life and filled it with love, experiences, emotions, gratitude, and made it so beautiful and meaning full.

I have promised myself that from this milestone onwards I will lead a life in complete gratitude, acceptance and to the fullest ensuring that on the ‘D’ day when I look back I shall feel that I lived my life in the most beautiful way that there was.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely loved your blog. specially this particular entry - the on on turning thirty.. im like a year away from that myself. so can totally relate.
really like the way you write, simple, yet very endearing. was a pleasure coming by your site.
there is a subtle aura to your words, which enchant, haunt and make you think without stretching you to the limits of theological or philosophical meanderings.
bravo author ! bravo !

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey payal you know my mother has been reading only some of your blog articles and she wonders why havent you written in any newspaper anyways she loves the way you write take care of your health

 

Post a Comment

<< Home