soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Suffocation in this so called Man's World !

Why this angst …
Why this constant struggle….
Why the need to fight and get my simple needs fulfilled …
Why this need time again to prove my identity …
Why this disappointment for being cheated …
Why this instant alienation and scrutiny from the society for every small mistake I make…
Why the piercing eyes that follow my every move …
Why this need to break me down every time I try to rise above my limits…
No I don’t have any regret in being partner to the so called superior Man
It’s just an unfair price one has to pay to live in the so called Man’s world …
Makes me wonder time and again if the almighty had ever thought what ‘The Man’ would do to the partner he created to compliment, nurture and stand by him …

2 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first reaction was...an independent educated working girl living in a city like bombay feels like this...contrast this with the illiterate, dependent women living in towns and villages of states like bihar & UP...isn't she supposed to be thankful how fortunate she is...but then that is not really the case...and then I thought why...and to me the possible reason went like this...it is because of being educated & hence aware, and the fact that her context is such where brawn should not matter, but it actually does, there is angst...even though she is financially independent, even though she is intelligent, there are enough reminders of the fact that she is after all a woman!!! And that hurts...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Sushma Sabnis said...

payal, women are their own worst enemies probably, for the simple reason that, they still call it a 'man's world'.. the day u decide to call it ur world..things will change drastically..choose not to blame a simple y-chromosome for ur life going wrong..and as far as being judged is concerned, only u have the right to judge ursself ..everyone else's is only an opinion. :)
Be urself..u r great that way..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home