soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Surrender

‘Surrender ’is exactly the message that I have been receiving last one week from the universe. But what is surrender? I am not sure if I understand it. I fear it too … I guess the fear of the un known. What my understanding of the concept un till today was that “Surrender is letting go or handing over charge of ones self to the universe. Let the universe steer your journey …let yourself flow with it”

But handing over charge or loosing control …that’s insane, how is it possible to do so ?, that were my initial reactions. But the constant messages coming to me via different mediums seem to have merit in exploring the unknown.

Today in the Meditation session Prasad ( the Reki master ) brought it up again . That’s when I couldn’t resist but innocently asked what ‘Surrender’ really meant.

That’s when he explained that Surrender was beyond just loosing control. It was loosing oneself. He said that when one surrenders they should not expect any outcome of the act. But one should be ready to experience the unexpected that comes from it. It required complete trust and a strong sense of faith, commitment and courage to accept whatever it brings along. Courage has genius, power and magic.

He definitely assured us that it was worth exploring because the experiences that surrender brought along were unexplainable and blissful. It sounded very appealing…

To bring more clarity, a lady in the class shared an example from the epic Mahabharata which illustrated the true meaning of Surrender. When Draupati ( wife of the 5 Pandav brothers) was being disrobed in a court room in front of everyone she called Lord Krishna for help …but she kept holding on to her sari from the waist ..Due to the fear of being disrobed completely. Out of desperation she angrily asked Lord Krishna why he was letting this happen to her. Why was he not helping her to avoid the insult especially when she has called him for her help. That’s when Lord Krishna explained to her that while she had called him for help she had not surrendered completely and was still holding on to her sari at her waist ...Its then when Draupati realized the true meaning of surrender and held her hands up in the air. That’s when Lord Krishna came to her true rescue and yards and yards of sari kept unfurling until the Kauravas got tired of trying to disrobing Draupati.

While I understand the essence of Surrender however I still don’t understand it in a complete sense. There surely seems merit in giving it a try. Struggled enough on my own …It was now worth trying to surrender and watch what the universe brings forth.

Where to begin still is a question that comes to mind ? But as Prasad put it one must try surrendering smaller things in life and soon one will find the mystery unfurling as if it never existed, making the journey more and more enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home