soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Acknowledge Your Blessings

I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels.

My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received." I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world. Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section.

The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them."

I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledgement Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed "How is it that? There's no work going on here?" I asked.

"So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments.

"How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked.

"Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord."

As I read this passage I received from a friend I immediately thought of Prasad, my teacher and I thanked the lord for bringing him into my life. Today thanks to him I have learnt and begun to acknowledge every little blessing that life keeps showering on me. Life has begun look worth living once again

Thank You Lord !!

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, Payal. I remember back in my school days one of my convent Father told me ‘The power of thanks’. Just an open thought how many of us say thanks to a Taxi driver- helping us to meet our untimely meetings, our maid- help us to keep clean the house, Our Krishna ( very –very older than us ) etc . I just give you few glimmers of my conversation with that priest

Me: Father why we need to thank every one beside we pay him for what he /she had done for us?
Father: one should also say thanks to show your gratitude to his / her service.
Me: but I have paid him, I have used his/ her service, then why?
Father: Dear, I buy you view point that you had paid him but only for his service, labor work. It’s compensation to his service give to you (physical work.). But what about other things?
Me: other things?
Father: You do not thank him for his service, but to his /her soul that allowed him to work for you.

Soul is eternal
‘Soul is a lord of yours’- My God is with in ‘

Since then I started saying ‘Thank you very much’

Thanks you
Payal

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!Payal when we want something in life we go 10 times to god and when we get it we forget even to say thank u becoz are wants keep on increasing.Anyways I hope everyone in someway or the other meets a person who tells us the value of thanking the lord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home