soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Power of HUGs !

A Hug is a natural phenomenon …every child has had his share of hugs and pampering . Yet as we grow up we find it more and more difficult to accept how it is the most comforting, healing and a means to display LOVE (By love here I mean Unconditional Love and not sheer Love between 2 individuals )

For some strange reason HUGS weren’t part of my growing up years …I mean a nice warm tight hug ... Hugs that I experienced amongst my family and friends were sort of what they call the “ Social butterfly hug” more superficial just a indication of affection towards the person.

Infact Ritu Mami one of my most affectionate mami’s use give every person in the family a warm hug …the family members use to get a bit perturbed. And she would proudly say “ Humare Kanpur ka to yahi style hai”

A few years back Yashi aunty ( My angel ) introduced the concept of Loving hugs to our family …it was slow process .. but I kind of enjoyed the feel of it. I remember every time I got a warm hug from aunty I felt so much unconditional love …though at that point I still didn’t understand the meaning of unconditional love … As years passed yet another person who came into my life gave me a new dimension for the same simple hug …Security and warmth . Then came the movie Munna Bhai who propagated the Jaadu ki Jappi . I found it a beautiful concept …but there was more to it that I needed to experience I guess.

Untill my Reiki Intensive Work shop at Goa this Oct where I was introduced to yet another perspective to a hug Healing . Yes Hugs are Healing. I remember the 1st 3 days that I hugged my reiki family members ( who then were complete strangers ) I would break down. I have have no clue why but the unconditional love in each hug just seem to touch a emotional wound or a void in my life …each touch at 1st induced pain and then healed it so soothingly …It was a great feeling and very very healing.

I experienced immense love, affection, security, pampering and healing touch with each hug. Almost compensated for all those years that I had missed it. I wondered why ...I guess coz I had created a guard around me after Papa’s death. But I truly believe what goes away always comes back …may be in other forms.

Last nite, I reached my Reiki family members b’day party …very late. They were all dancing away to glory and sweaty …The moment they saw me enter the whole group just surrounded me and gave me a sweaty group hug …Ewww, was the 1st thought that passed my mind the 1st moment but then as I realized the affection with which the hugs were showered on me I felt so loved and pampered. Even that sweaty hugs felt so loving anf good !

I am so glad I got re introduced to The Power of Hugs ! It had surely changed my life and filled it with Unconditional love. It’s amazing how these little things in life can make us feel so loved. I have precribed myself with atlest 20 hugs a week ...and it surely makes me feel very alive and healthy ..HE HE HE

Happy HUGGING ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home