soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Scary Nite...

Well I have been meaning to pen down this post but some how didn’t have the courage to do so. Last Friday late night I had the most unexpected incident …

Until yesterday the whole thing had just not synced into me though I talked about it to a lot of friends there after and got great learning’s.

I was driving back from office late at night and usually I am always accompanied by a colleague at that hour but that night I was all alone …As I was nearing my home and driving at a decent speed of 30 -40 km /hr there was just one car ahead of me and safe distance driving (So I thought …little did I know!) ….When suddenly the car ahead without any signaling stopped in the middle of the road, leaving me little or no time to stop myself …BANG !! That’s what happened and I just crashed into the car with a great impact …my seat beat saved me and pulled me back .. that the moment leaving me with feeling of pulling me back and making me totally numb …I did get out of my car and so did the other guy …I was so numb that I just didn’t know how to react to the situation…I had a mobile in my hand I kept looking at it . It was as though I knew that I had to use it for …HELP ! But I just kept looking at it not knowing whom to call or what to ask for …I think I was so numb and frightened that I just didn’t know what my reaction should be . The guy in the car ahead apologized. The reason he gave, to stop the car was just silly, he too knew I guess that it wasn’t right …There was a dead cat on the road and he didn’t have the judgment to cross over it’s body without squashing it so just stopped the car …

At times we just don’t seem to realize what is important …misjudging over a dead cat or risking the life of the people alive. In my shocked state I just yelled at the guy a bit and just sat in the car, called my sister and tried to reach another friend and rushed back home …my heart was pacing at the speed higher than what I have driven on my car last 2.5 yrs.

I reached home and my sister and me talked about it to calm me down . Couldn’t tell mom as she would panic. I tried to sleep but just found my self so scared at the possibility of what could have happened. I just cuddled up like a baby who had seen a bad dream with tears rolling down my eyes. Yes I did feel gratitude for being saved and very apologetic and upset for my baby (Read my Car here).

Next morning I was better and spoke to my close friends to figure how I should go about the damages as that was yet another experience of it’s kind. Went to the Service center got an estimate, tried to understand all those insurance terms and car technicalities …called my uncle in Delhi for help and assurance on what was being done was right and learnt how to go about the official procedure .. Latter a few friends told me the alternative procedures and what should I have done in the spur of the moment. I kept feeling really sad and shitty that whole day seeing the damage…

That’s when my dearest friend Mayank who has just got back to the country after 2 yrs called and said “ Your Car is very lucky for you …It took all the brunt and saved your life” . Suddenly what he said made me feel grateful to the universe and my car.
Its strange, I have thought about that incident many times and realized that I had got the signs that something was going to happen that nite loud and clear … My eyes kept seeing “Caution” “ Keep Safe distance “ etc …I knew that the repeated signs did mean a warning .. but I had some other situation in my mind and I wondered what that warning would mean …

Anyways, as they say all’s well that ends well …So here I am grateful to the universe to keep me safe and teaching me the lessons I had to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home