soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Friday, September 01, 2006

My 'Moment of Truth'

Indian Mythology, symbolism and its application to Brand communication …Woo, sounds like a heavy topic na. Well to be honest I never thought it would interest me. But to my surprise I attended a workshop on the subject at office by Mr. Devdutt Pattanaik for 3 hours today. Not only was I totally alert through the interactive session but also in awe of the content. Well I surely learnt a lot of interesting concepts but that I will pen down on a latter post.

However what this post is about how off late the most amazing things are happening in my like and more importantly how the questions I had posed to the universe are getting answered each day. I believe the time is right , I am totally in the moment and so alert / aware as never before. I have been looking for these answer every where , inquiring wise ones I meet, soul searching, even searching the net and asking universe for the answers. Today an answer to one of my unanswered question just appeared in front of me in during the lecture. Honestly a place I never even went looking for it.

Well for last 3 – 4 years I have been observing that at various stages and every turn of my life I have encountered Lord Shiv. I never felt the need to worship Shiv but it was present in my life and I was drawn to it.The frequency of lord Shiv’s appearance in my life seemed more than a coincidence. When I mean appearance I mean like …3 years back when I attended the AOL workshop he appeared in one of my mediation in the form of an ‘Om’ symbol and visualization of the idol ( I was surely disturbed with my work and environment then), then I joined Contract and as I stepped in the office premise the 1st sight I saw was a Shiv temple at the entrance (This stage was yet again a time when I was running away and trying to heal from relationships), then I made a trip to Sikkim and Darjeeling in 2005 and for some strange reason most temples I visited were Shiv temples, this June got a strange call from a friend asking me to join him on a trek… I find myself saying yes and when I actually reach (Himalayas ) there I realize that it was again a destination of Lord Shiva’s presence in some form or the other (This was the last stage of my healing process)…it’s surely seemed more than just mere than just a coincidence. I knew there was a connection of some sorts but 'What kind of a connection was it ? kept hounding me all through.

In the lecture as Devdutt in his charming and knowledgeable manner drew a symbolism of Lord Shiv and Lord Krishna. He listed down the symbols and that’s when I just got a very strong voice from within that seemed to tell me that here is the answer that I have been looking for. He described the Lord Shiv as ‘The Hermit’ …the one with a desire to disconnect, he who withdraws from the world, keeps away from worldly relationships. Also all the symbols on and around the image of Lord Shiva indicated ‘stillness’ ‘No movement’. Where as in the case of Lord Krishna it indicated ‘The House Holder’…the one with the desire to engage with the worldly life and live it to the fullest. All symbols indicated ‘Life and movement’

Suddenly it struck me the link between my all the appearances of the Lord Shiva in my life at different stages. Each stage I realized was linked to my desire to detach from the world and relationships of every kind … in some way I was disappointed by what my circumstances were. I struggled with them not knowing why and how I had created them for myself. The appearance of Lord Shiva in this state was symbolic to the state of my mind. As bizaare as it may sound but this moment of realization felt like my ‘Moment of truth’ …I was got shivers by the realization. Suddenly the feeling of withdrawal didn’t feel good…I am a very peoples person and not quite found of stepping away from people… but it dawned at me that at various stages of my life I had stepped back and drifted away, for whose good I am not really sure but that’s the best way I understood to deal with the circumstance at that moment.

Just when I was a bit sad on the realization a positive side of Devdutt’s discussion struck me …almost like the light at the end of the deep tunnel. His description of Lord Krishna symbolized a desire to engage with the worldly life and live it to the fullest. Suddenly I saw an unbelievable connection with Lord Krishna whom I am been recently been hearing stories of , chanting “ Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ and visually getting to see in form of pictures and idols where ever I go. Specially last 1.5 month since I have been attending meditation sessions at Prasad’s and he is a staunch follower of ‘Krishna’ I have been more aware of Krishna ever since. I even saw myself asking for Krishna to come, guide and be with me in my yesterday’s meditation ( which honestly I found strange but then again strange things do happen in the meditative state) It just felt as though all this symbolized that ‘Krishna’ now wanted to take charge of my life and fulfill my desire of living a worldly life with love and affection. The thought felt great and very healing.

I am not sure what all this is …honestly I don’t feel like probing any further. I am very happy at this moment with my ‘Moment of truth’. Just as Prasad mentioned yesterday I want to live this moment to it’s fullest and enjoy it till it last. I have called for it and I truly deserve every moment of it.But what surely has got re inforced yet again is my faith in the universe . It has yet again proved to me that ‘There is nothing called coincidence, everything is just a perfect plan”

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi payal,
You are on right path, as you was earlier, except some months/ movements.

As my knowledge Lord Shiv never been alone. He's always been with Shakti.
In Aum, he's fire as you indicated ‘stillness’ & ‘No movement’, which I feel… it’s concentration with full of power.

Where as in the case of Lord Krishna it’s Command on ‘Life and movement’. One of his name ‘Hrishikesh’ means "Lord of the Senses."

Rajan (recognise??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home