soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Pinch Of Salt ...

The master instructed the unhappy young man to put a
handful of salt in a glass of water and then to drink
it.

"How does it taste?" the master asked.
"Bitter," spit the apprentice.
The master chuckled and then asked the young man to
take the same handful of salt and put it in the lake.
The two walked in silence to the nearby lake, and once
the apprentice swirled his handful of salt in the
water, the old man said, "Now drink from
the lake."
As the water dripped down the young man's chin, the
master asked,"How does it taste?"
"Fresh," remarked the apprentice.
"Do you taste the salt?" asked the master.

"No," said the young man.

At this, the master sat beside this serious young man
who so reminded him of himself and took his hands, offering,
"The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less.
The amount of pain in life remains the same, exactly the same.
But the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the
container we put the pain in. *So when you are in
pain, the only thing one could do is to enlarge the
sense of things ..... Stop being a glass. Become a
lake."



<em>It's amazing how I land up opening a mail from a friend after long just when I needed it ...actually I should stop being surprised as I have realized in the last few months that "Ask and It is given ..." Whatever it may be a desire, a help or anything ...Universe is totally cued on to you .. you just need to cue your self to the universe to experience the magic ...Coming back to this post .. just last nite i was talking to a friend and I landed up saying something i perhaps knew all along but just did realise that i did ...Which is That it's not the situations or pain that is BIG or painfull ...but the stories that we attach to it in our head and the importance that we give to it that makes it larger than life and difficult to handel I like the thought of Stop being the GLASS . Become a Lake " I am sure i will put it to practice and see how it helps me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home