soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Loss Of A Dear One ...

This morning, I lost a dear one in road accident. My dear one just left my hand and by the time I could look for it there were no traces to be found. Well I am referring to my dearest 2 year old Nokia 6600 mobile phone.

It’s strange and tragic .. and as funny as it may sound got me mourning all the way there after. My dear phone was safely in my jeans pocket (So I thought it was safe ! :( ) I just shifted my seat in the rickshaw and it slipped out of my pocket .. I didn’t quite realize it until a angel brought it to my notice..it was another rickshaw driver who saw it fall a few meters away …in complete restlessness I just got off my rickshaw and walked 1 km distance to look for my dear phone. I hadn’t given up hope and had no fear of loosing it completely was on mind then . I knew it would be around waiting to be picked by me. I looked all over …inquired with a lot of people on the road. All I got was negative answers, I even called on the number and it was switched off…after 30 – 45 min I accepted it was gone. Disappointed, completely numb, with a heavy heart and moist eyes I continued on my journey to office. It was gone !! Sob sob !

Well I knew as usual life would go on. Through out the journey I kept thinking of all the memories attached to my dear one, all the people I had reached out to, all the contacts I had stored but would have to re reach out to them again, lost all the beautiful messages I had saved over the years from people , also the beautiful memories I had captured in form of pictures, videos and sound records. They were all gone forever.

I had been facing issues with the phone for some time but my attachment to it had not let me let go of it. I miss my fantastic Nokia 6600 that had faced the test of time and supported me through my highs and lows. Strangely just last week my car wash guy had tried to flick it away and I had experienced a near loss indication. I had thanked my stars than as I could revive it . May be it was a indication of what was had to come …

Funny as it may sound this post of mine …but I just felt all the same emotions that I do for a loss of a loved one , i was reminded of times i had loss my father, or friends or love... though the intensity was much lower. I know u will say " Come on it's just a phone"

Life will go on and a new phone will replace this phone of mine but I will surely feel a bit a pinch of loosing this dear one.

My friend Sushma gave me a different perspective to look up to. She aked me " are you going to mourn the loss or celebrate the birth of the new. Think that this new phone will fetch u voices which u have been longing to hear … bring the voices of the friends who bring you happiness. And bring voices of fortune and peace and good luck "

Thanx Shushma for a new perspective …I know now that I shouldn’t moan the loss …may be that’s where the journey had to end and I should look forward and welcome the new.

I think I am going to try and apply new perspective to my life from here on ..

Here I am bidding a Good Bye to my dearest Nokia 6600 and begin to reaching out and make new beginings …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home