soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Namesake - Thoughts it left me with ...

The Greatest Journey’s are the ones that bring you home …I just love the sound of this base life for the film “ The Namesake” by Meera Nair. While the film was interestingly made I only gripped me in the second half.

I have often heard about coming back home …but it’s only recently that I am beginning to understand what it means. Well it’s still a very basic understanding I suppose. I have begun to realize that each journey that I walked upon in my life had opened doors to a lot of learning’s and realizations that has made me gather courage to embark on the next journey …it’s process and not all journeys have been comfortable. Most have been tough and seemed like a struggle. But while I detested them then and for a while latter I now understand where they were leading me and how they were just the most appropriate to prepare me for the next. At times I felt that I had learnt but the next journey made me make the same mistakes or have breakdowns which scared the hell out of me.

But recently my teacher Prasad said something that got me going. I don’t remember the exact words (they were short and sweet) but this is what I understood of it.

It’s journey and you have crossed that last station and are done and have dealt with it.and left it far behind …what has arrived now is yet another station which may seem similar to the last but it’s something new that will take u ahead in the journey ...

That’s about the journey but the coming home part to me means …coming to terms with ones self. Loving, accepting oneself.

There yet another part of the movie that has touched my heart and could just relate to it …It’s the scene when Ashok takes his 4 year old Googol on the rocks by the ocean. They reach a point where all u can see is the vast ocean and nothing beyond.
Just then Ashok realized that he has forgotten to get the camera and won’t be able to capture the beautiful sight. He tells his son that now that they don’t have the camera he will have to remember this sight as a point that his father took him to a place where there was nothing beyond . The Son innocently ask “ For how long will I have to remember it “ …The father replies “ Forever” …

It did bring a tear to my eyes as it reminded me of those so many moments spent with my father which were beautiful, very special, to be cherished for a lifetime yet not captured by any camera. However they are fresh in my memories till date.

The film “ The Namesake “ did remind me of my beautiful moments with my father and I am glad they were so fulfilling ( though never seem enough )and gladly I have no regrets anything that I did or said while living them.

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Soumyadip said...

I had read only a chapter of the book but watched the movie. It made me feel ... so lonely.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger soulstirringexperiences said...

<< Somyadip:
Lonely why ??

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Prasoon Unfolded said...

Hey Payal just gone through your blog...a very touching read...keep it up...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Prasoon Unfolded said...

Hey Payal...awesome read... Your blog replenished all my wonderful memories I had with my father...

Thanks and keep pouring in
Saurabh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home