soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Making a dream come to reality ...







As I was driving back home last nite, I pondered over last 3 months gone by that have been so chaotic, stressful and just not seeming to end.

I was very low and even wondered what is that really drives people to live a happy life!
Just then what I saw was mind boggling …Here was a man riding a cycle rickshaw, Something I am aware of as a mode of transport in Delhi and northern cities. However unusual in the city of dreams MUMBAI..

Well what caught my attention wasn’t the fact that it was unusual to see one but the way the owner had made it. It had disco lights all around it, painted in bright colours, flashy CD reflecting the colourful lights, with collage of images all over and the most amazing part was the LCD screen which had Bollywood film songs playing …off course for the entertainment of the passengers. The owner proudly rode the cycle rickshaw and I even saw him talk on the mobile as he rode (I guess 'No' talking on the mobile while driving was not applicable to him.. after all it wasn’t technically an automobile. )

I was so intrigued. I kept following him in the car. Finally I stopped the car and waited for him to pass so that I could stop him and get a good view of this unusual piece. I was so excited ..i mean not seen anything like it. I stopped the man who introduced himself as Mohmad Sheru. I asked him if it was his own rickshaw that he had just created for fun or he rented it out.

I was told it was his source of income. It was a piece he had created after 4 years of effort. He was from Meerut and proudly mentioned how he was covered in papers. And how a lot of film stars had taken a ride in the same. Special mention of his favorite star Dharmendra. He mentioned that the tyres of the cycle were specially designed so that the piece could even float in water. He did shows in water too. The rods of the cycle wheel were specially made of brass. He used the piece for giving rides to children,at children parties , film etc. Well, he had a longer story to tell. But a lot of crowd had begun to gather so I requested him for a picture and said good bye. ( Ps : I caputred a film of the same will try upload so that u can know what i am raving about, Though the pivture above will give a fair idea)

I was surely in awe of what he had built. I thought to myself ..it surely has to be a passion to stand out that must have driven him to build an unusual piece like that. May be he was a hero in his city, and may be he spent nights making his dream come to reality, may be his folks must of thought he was crazy or a looser to try something bizarre such as it , He still didn’t seem to be earning lots of money yet with great pride and satisfaction drove his unique piece.

Hatts off Mohmad Sheru for protecting and living your dream…






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home