soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Pursuit of Happiness !

Yes yet another film I caught up on Sunday. I love watching good finds they are very inspiring and I think last 3 months of chaos in life been my only mode of entertainment. Thankfully I am surrounded by multiplexes thus makes it most convenient. Its almost like walking from one room to the other. Just with a Larger TV screen…he he he …

Getting back to film, I loved the way Will Smith and his son has acted. While the story was simple but I could relate to a lot of situations. I felt feeling that I have been through a lot of similar phases though his situations were worse. That’s what made me feel more blessed and crib and sulk a little less that I was.

There are certain things I surely like to mention that touched my heart. …

To begin with “That part of my life that I call running ….” I just felt that may be the run was trying to say much more than what it was or atleast I read a bit more from it. I felt like Cris we all are constantly running aimlessly … or chasing something or the other in life. The chaze just keeps on and soon it seems to become a habit. Most often the chaze doesn’t really get us anything or rather gets only disappointment. But we keep on with the chaze. I feel we begin to enjoy it.

Then I loved what he says “ Who ever said it was a Pursuit of happiness really knew what it was …Pursuit it is …” That’s all we do . Keep pursuing without realizing that just being in the moment we can have it. Then there are the unfortunate ones like me who even understand the funda of “enjoying and living the moment to gain happiness“ but yet struggle and keep on pursuing it.

I liked when he said “ If you have a dream …you need to protect it. People will tell you you cannot have it coz they cant have it. “ Very true again . I think it is so easy to give in to people’s opinion about your ideologies and dreams and get them trampled upon. I have experienced that time and again. It surely takes courage to continue to believe in your dream no matter how impossible it seems.

I also loved the scene when Cris’s Son ask him innocently if his mom left because of him( the son that is ) and Cris replies “ Your mom left because of mom, you had nothing to do with it “. I so could relate to it." Often we land up beating our self and blaming our self for the people who walk away from our lives. And never give ourselves the chance to believe that perhaps it was their weak moment, or cowardness or their lack of understanding that took them away. Not saying that one cannot go wrong but being hash on one self without giving a chance to believe that it could have been them as well that made them go away …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home