soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saalam-e-Ishq

In this day and age of relationships, with ‘No Strings’ attached, Marriages breaking by the minute, Extra marital affairs, Couples going weak and backing out when faced with situations that test the true strength of their relationships...I think concept of a film like Salaam-e-Ishq was such a refreshing and re assuring experience for a die hard romantic like me !

Though I liked the film in parts but it did give my dying belief, a renewed hope that ‘True Love’ still does exist. My favorite love story though that played by John and Vidya Balan ( Tehzeeb). I loved the way it portrayed that True Love is the one that stands the Test of Times.

Be it happy times, sadness,fun, tragedy, tough times. It’s so easy to be in love in happy times but the relationships that not only survive but also stand strong against the stormy winds are the one’s that last a life time. I totally got teary eyed on the scene where Vidya Balan expresses her helplessness for not being able to remember any moments from the life spent together with her husband and how she hated and feared the thought that she may not ever get her memory back…My heart melted when John replies “ Hum phir se naayi yaadein banayenge…” .

I mean do such men still exist? Do such relationships still exist? Do couples still trust and stand by each other no matter what? Do couples still believe strongly that their love for each other can overcome any hurdle that comes their way? Do couples believe in the power of their love for each other? Do couples smile and sacrifice their dreams to fulfill the dream of their partners? Do couples still follow their hearts? Do people still believe and hold on to their dreams of finding true love? Are such Love stories still real?

While I don’t have answers to a lot of such questions arising in my head but this film has re kindled hope for me on finding ‘True Love’ someday soon that will not only be beautiful but last a lifetime and stand strong against Test of Times …

Saalam- e- Ishq !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home