soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Slow Down !

It’s funny you know, when I was in the rut and kept running the rat race, at times I got really tired and hoped for a slow down. I wondered most times what and why was I running in the 1st place for . But I just couldn’t stop or slow down. Once I did manage to slow down a bit to enjoy a quality life but my baseless fears and beliefs got me back on the race track as though I was just made to keep running.

My recent break down in life has brought me to a slow down and I am struggling with ….it seems so forced. It’s been the slowest slow down ( if that made sense!! ) in 12 years and may be that’s why I don’t know what to do about it. Not that I didn’t want to slow down but here I am limited by physical limitations and so many uncertainties that keep showing up to scare me.

I have been wondering what to do about it ?I happened to have a chat with my dearest friend Mayank last nite on the subject and he has left me pondering with some interesting thoughts. He began with a sports policy analogy . He said “When everything is fast and you don't know the direction...slow down..”

Sounded good but I debated further that it is easier said but slow down like mine is making me loose direction. It’s scary u know. And he replied “Just slow down...figure out and then start from zero speed ...or rather just slow down or maybe stop and figure out

At 1st the thought intimidated me …but then it kind of made sense. This slow down has come for a reason…coz as wise ones say“Nothing is a coincidence …it’s always universe’s perfect plan “.

So what I need to at this moment to stop and try to figure the road ahead from here on and may be it’s a chance to lead my life again …and this time with some new choices that I can make for myself which perhaps can help me lead a life I always wanted to lead but felt victim to my circumstances…

Thanks Mayank for this beautiful analogy …I am sure going to reconsider my slow down and see how I can make something good out of it. Pray that I can utilize it to my best !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home