soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Living in the Virtual world !

I have head this a couple of times from my colleagues when they introduce me “ She lives more in the Virtual World than the real one ”, “Virtual world queen” etc. I find these introductions strange, curious and even funny at times. It’s a perception that they seemed to have build about me as I am socially more active on chats, networking sites, mails and my blog.

I believe that I am more ‘real’ than most people are but yes very few and close ones really understand or know about my reality. Perhaps I am more visible on the virtual world than I am on the so called social real world. I guess it’s a choice I have made.

Well who in today’s time isn’t living in the virtual world (unless of course one is technology challenged). Not that this post is meant to promote living in the virtual world … I don’t encourage it but I believe each one of us have two sides to us …A Superficial one and a Real one. The superficial side is our guard and the real most times we reveal only to the loved and trusted ones. Virtual world I believe is really the mid path.

It’s a world that lets you express what you truly believe in but don’t generally land up stating with the fear of being misunderstood, it’s a world of no judgments (of course if you are trying to read between the lines), it’s a world that makes it easier to keep in touch or keep track of people who matter in our lives, it’s a world that opens up doors and makes it easier to reach out to like minded people ( which I think is GREAT ), It’s a world where we seem to respect people’s opinions and views and treat them at face value rather than trying to be reactive or defensive or being righteous about our own views, It’s a great world of sharing, it helps u see different perspective, it makes you go in awe of how passionate people are about life and a lot more that revolves around it., it’s inspiring, it’s creative, it’s expansiveness, it’s exploration and a lot of fun …the more you give the more you get. Well I can keep going on and on about the same.

I quite like the Virtual world …it’s a world of new possibilities, opportunities and beginnings.

Cheers to the Virtual world!

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess the most redeeming quality of this world is its ability to be non-judgemental to the extent we want it to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home