soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Reality or A Reflection !

Film making is such an art …a good film maker is the one who can communicate strong messages in the most simple yet effective manner. He is the one who says a story that can make the audience relate to the characters and situations and take back home something that can touch their mundane life in a subtle manner. At times I wonder if good films are inspired from reality or it’s a reflection of real situations, thoughts or characters.

One such film maker that I truly admire is Nagesh Kuknoor. I just watched his recent film called ‘Dor’. Loved the way he unfolds the story …As I understood it , a story of two women’s parallel lives far away from each other yet connected strangely that brings them together at a point in life. I loved the character of both the women …

Zeenat a strong independent woman from Himachal who believes in making things happen in life for herself. She emanates inner strength and believes in empowering other women. Like every woman she has her moments of weakness too though her immense faith in the universe helps her over come her weak moments and be a winner always.

Meera from a small village in Rajasthan on the other hand is a bubbly young girl full of life and innocence personified. She too has inner strength and tolerance that every woman is blessed with. She is so use to her protective and conservative up bringing that she never felt the need to tap her inner true self until Zeenat comes into her life. Zeenat though there for her own selfish reasons manages to empower innocent Meera. She helps Meera recognize and tap her true self .

The film has a lot of take homes …like the “ Always follow your heart” , “Take the leap of faith and you will never falter” “ True strength is always in our own hands…one just needs to recognize it and take charge and responsibility of our own life”

I could see a reflection of myself in both the women. I saw myself as Zeenat who at every stage of her life had fought for what she believed in at the risk of being called insane and spontaneous, someone who had to take a lot of decisions on her own ( big and small) yet like Meera most times fumbled to take the same. Hoped in those moments of weakness and confusion for someone else to come and take the decisions for her and the onus of the responsibility attached with them aswell. Like Zeenat I too believed that come what may will learn from the situation and move forward yet just like Meera needed that angel to come in to my life from time to time and introduce me to my true inner strength and tap it to take the leaf with confidence.

Wow suddenly I feel empowered on recognizing my strengths and weaknesses. I guess that’s the power of a great story and a storyteller. Hats off Nagesh …I totally Love your films and shall continue to watch them. For those who haven’t watched Dor, Iqbal, Teen deewarien, Rockford and Hyderabad Blues …MUST DEKHO !

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey payal

Missed the smearing in cerermony

Happy Birthday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home