soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Face Off !!


This is a painting from my artist friend Shushma Sabnis. I always liked it. It’s a beautiful visual depiction about my post today and thus i was inspired to put it up here …

I remember in school elocution I had heard a poem which kind of stayed with me at least the spirit of it . It was called ‘Nakli Chero Ki Dukaan’!

Last few days I have been contemplating how we just never get to know people for years to come no matter how close we think we are to them.And yet we have our own views and pereceptions of them. Funnily we even beleive they are true and go on not trying to explore the 'REAL' them.
Strangely I have been meeting people who seem to perceive me differently as well and expressing it too.

There are some who think I am so serious in life that I have perhaps never laughed in life and need to lighten up. They seem to have experienced only my serious side. And there are others who don’t think I could have a serious side and they are amazed when they read my blog. I myself am amazed and amused at my own duality that unconsciously I have been portraying. And yet again each one of us have this duality, don’t we?

At times we wear many masks and make ourselves totally unapproachable. We even take pride in the same. What are we really hiding from, I wonder often? People, situations or ourselves? Or is it just a habit that we have got comfortable with? Honestly i dnt know the answers yet ...But I am just parking this thought here till i explore it further ...

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger madhu said...

Some time back i also had same kind of feeling. good one as usual.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Global Village Unlimited Times.... said...

duality is an important aspect of life Payal. There are two sides in everything we see -- heaven and hell, left brain and right brain, masculine and feminine, so on and so forth. I have often wondered about it myself...and read a lot of stuff...somehow the answers still seem to elude me as well!
I will read your column to see if you find any answers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home