soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Knots And Crosses, Stars and Stripes ! A Solo Exhibition


Bloodlines
I stand with open arms,
for the universe to fill me in
I am the heart of love,
I am the womb of creation,
I am the celebration of life ..

I am the Universes bloodlines.
I am proof of God's love.






Birth of Venus


And Beauty she rose, from the depts of the human soul,
An inspiration to love, to live , to create for the mankind.

And innocence she was in her radiating being
Pure and warm and Peaceful

Untouched by evil, protected by the Divine.
Her eyes speak of wisdom,
Her existence is Hope
Her heart knows only love ..
And beauty, she rose from the depths of the human soul...


Above are just two of the many soul stirring paintings from my artist friend Shushma Sabnis who is having her 5th Solo in Mumbai. I just visited her yesterday. While i have seen her work before and know how deep her thoughts are the paintings and the poetry along with it has left me speachless at the depth of her knowledge and how she relates her self and her artand life to spirituality.
Her paintings and poetry inspired me to explore the depts and the silence of my soul and understand and live beyond this superficial world we make so much noice about. Each painting is a brilliant expression in it's own way. I donot understand art too much but her work stirred my soul for sure. Thus i wished to share it with all ...



Sushma and me..

I wish her all the the luck and feel blessed having her as a friend.

If your in Mumbai plz do visit her Solo Exhibition at Kohinoor Continental, Andheri ( E) , Near Jb nagar signal between the 1st to 15 th April 2006.( 11 am to 7pm).

And do chat up with her to know more abt her work, you will be stunned my her simplicity that mask the deep ocean of knowledge and positivity.

To know more abt her work visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/artalways



1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Sushma Sabnis said...

Thank you payal..:) i am speechless that u think so much of me..!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home