soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Will to Live !

As I walked the beautiful pathways of life in the most cheerful,chirpy and carefree way
So much in my own world, so in my own way

Was warned about the hurdles, was alerted about the demons
Yet I didn’t really ever seem to care, as I was always so caught up in it’s beauty that never could see the darkness coming my way

Unexpected one dark scary nite I tripped over a hurdle and fell in a deep ugly ditch
It was sure dark, ugly, scary, nothing like I had ever heard or seen of
For days I lie there bruised and in pain with little hope that too in vain

I was reminded of my beautiful pathway all the time
I did have the will to get there again one day

Yet the darkness of the ditch challenged my will time and again
Life seemed to be coming to an end, my will and hope began to crumble
Just then there was a rustle, a little light began to blink
A faint voice called out “ Is there someone down there with a will to live ?”

My crumbled hope and almost shattered will along with my bruised hurt body struggled hard to reach out to the voice
Soon I found myself struggling yet trying to climb my way up
My body was weak and in pain yet my heart showed me the beautiful pathway again
As I struggling reached to the opening of the ditch I had fallen from…I took the 1st breath of fresh air and saw my beautiful pathway ahead of me.

I looked around trying to search for the one who had called asking “ Is there someone down there with a will to live ?”
My search seemed to be in vain …there was no one in sight and I wondered why then did I hear that voice

Just then something from within spoke up to me , It said “Don’t look around my love it’s me your inner voice and your will to live that spoke too you and nobody else who has managed to get you out of this scary, painful, dark ditch, go ahead and walk the beautiful pathway that await you, live your life to your fullest and if you come across any ditches and hurdles yet again always remember your' Will to live' and u will be back on your beautiful pathway again..."

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

dont you think the flowers flanking the beautiful pathway now have a different glow about them?

they missed you :)

- Gopi

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger guptaghost said...

wonderful. reminds me of a beautiful i happened to come across, "good luck knocks but once, bad luck keeps banging until you open the door."

was wondering who would call out next if you hadn't decided to climb out, of you own volition that is.

nice to notice you silent for so long and then back with a few bangs.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger RubyShooZ said...

Oh you sound so much like me. I've been on that path and tripped into that ditch over and over and I finally found that I did indeed have that shred of hope.

My life has changed in so many ways and from the looks of what you write here, yours has too.

I have not had time to look around here much but I will be back. I hope you come visit me too - sometimes it gets lonely in blog-land. Especially on Saturdays like this.

Peace, love and understanding.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Lushoo Kapoor said...

God has made us different
And has given us different experiences in life... different faces, bodies, gifts, challenges, ups and downs ...
But what i feel is -- how we choose to think and lead our lives that is really a true differentiator
And i know for sure that you are one helluva person.. for the way u think.. and the way uve bounced back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home