soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Insensitivity in today's medical professional !

I am wondering if it’s the medical profession and dealing with so many patients in pain and illnesses that has made a lot of medical experts insensitive and heartless. They are sure there to help patience but somewhere I feel that in the rut of things they forget to empathies with patients and help them deal with their emotional turmoil other than the physical pain. Which I feel is so critical …tackling the emotional pain in an illness is half the battle won…that’s what I feel from my personal experience.

I have been blessed to be under the best doctors, a loving set of nurses and staff at the best hospital,but what about those not so fortunate. Aren’t they human and facing similar emotions and fears as I am. I had a short visit recently to one such general hospital the only place that could help with my physical pain I was struggling with. Yes I did find solution for the physical pain but their rude behavior and way to talking did upset me emotionally a lot. And in my helpless I had to take it with a pinch of salt.

Its sad but even a few fresh intern doctors in the making I met over my last 3 months of treatment made me wonder what these doctors in the making are going to be …They so badly need to be taught how to be humble and counsel patients who are in state of shock and trying to cope with a sudden critical illness that hits them out of the blue.

Films like Patch Adams and Munna Bhai MBBs have touched on these issues well. Yes medical treatment surely cure the dis-ease however it’s that loving human touch, just a smile, jaddu ki jappi, humour and just listening to the patient in pain can heal the patient faster.

I sincerely hope that more and more awareness can be brought about in medical colleges to deal with a human mind and emotion while under treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home