soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Bucket List

Like it is rightly said about books, that ‘Books come to you only when you need them’ I would say that I can say the same about messages. Messages come to you from where ever and only when you need them. Messages from the universe that is. Today I got yet another one. I just watched the movie ‘The Bucket list’ . It’s funny how it got released a while ago and though I wanted to see it just couldn’t manage the time. I guess it was waiting for the right time to show up to me.

The Bucket list – It’s a story of two strangers who met at a hospital room and realize that they are terminally ill. Death wasn’t really far for both of them. There was nothing in common for them yet they decided to together do all the things they ever wanted to do before they die according to their Bucket list. In the process both of them heal each other and ultimately find joy in life.

I loved the idea of making a Bucket list …a list of things that you want to do before you hit the bucket. We all have this list ready in our heads and hearts just that we get so caught up with life and it’s demands that we put it aside. Logic doesn’t permit us to be unreasonable and follow our hearts. Fears and funnily most of the times fears of others (i.e fears that people have for us and try build it in our minds) stop us from exploring simple joys of life. Most of us hit the bucket without even giving ourselves a chance to explore our true desires. We cover up or blame situations, life, people, responsibilities etc. Which suddenly made me ask myself… Why wait to realize that time is running out?

As for me, I realize I could have gone forever last June (’07)…and the thought of dying without even getting a chance to live my bucket list is making me uncomfortable. But I am Destiny’s child ( I love this phrase… it’s a name my dear friend Suranjana and myself have given ourselves) and I am right here Alive and writing this post. That is a miracle of life, isn’t it ?

So, I have decided to create a Bucket list for myself and as each desire of mine keeps getting fulfilled I will strike it out from my list. At the same time I am going to continue to add as many more as I wish to. I will live each desire of mine surpassing fears, circumstances and people. Because, today I understand what it means when it is said that ‘Life is true gift and you are the happiness you seek.’

I know my dear friend Sushma is going to be very happy reading this post of mine and say
“ Welcome to your life !”

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Preeti Sharma said...

Bucket list - to give us the guts to do the things we would otherwise only wish we could.

I enjoyed the movie, though I suspect the real-life process of making the bucket list will be more liberating...All the best for your bucket list :-)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Khamakha said...

true..therz more to life than cribbing:P
amazing idea..
am gonna make one too:)
thanks for all the postive vibes you give out through ur words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home