soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Leap Of Faith ...

I think this meditation sessions that I have discovered close to my office on Thursdays is something I have called from the universe to help me answer my unsolved questions that have been with me over the years or to learn new concepts of living a fulfilling life.

At today’s session a young mother Gayatri, shared a lovely experience with the group which I think is worth sharing with you all. Last 3 sessions I have been observing Gayatri, a very affectionate mother who dotes on her 4 year old son Nikhil. She is very expressive about her emotions, fears and observations.

Today she shared a fact that her little one was very fearful of darkness. So much so that she has to keep a light on all night so that he can sleep at peace. Few days back he came home very disturbed from his school and told her about a new auditorium in his school. He mentioned that the class teacher took them there for a visit. The auditorium was pitch dark and Nikhil’s fears took over. He told her that he cried so much that the teachers were forced to get him out of there. He was so full of fear that he was reluctant to go to school the next day. As Gayatri went to drop him to school today, on the way as usual Nikhil asked her to stop at the small Hanuman temple across the school. And as usual asked her to read “ Shree Ram Shree Ram Jai Jai Ram” written on the wall. Today to over come his fear Gayatri just asked him to call Hanumanji if ever he feared anything. She assured him that Hanumanji will come to his help.

In the evening Nikhil very happily came home and told Gayatri that his class visited the auditorium again. At first he was terrified of the darkness, but remembered his mom words. He excitedly told her that “Mommy, I was very scared but I called Hanumanji and then he came and stood by me …after that I didn’t feel scared”

While Nikhil is still struggling to over come his fear what Gayatri realized that little Nikhil with all his trust and complete faith in his mother’s words took the “Leap of faith” today. It was commendable how the little one could gather the courage and take the leap … then why all of us are still not being able to take the “Leap of faith” is a question Gayatri posed to the group. As for her this little incident made her take the “leap” today !

I think this is a message I was meant to receive from the universe today as an answer to a conflict in my mind whole of last week about how to ‘Surrender’ … it’s been on my mind all the way back home. I surely will attempt to take the leap as well and overcome my fears one by one …

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger TD Millano said...

Nice job :) Keep going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home