soulstirringexperiences

My Blog is an attempt to share,gather,learn from experiences that have touched my soul in some way.It's a new found voice to my thoughts and how I feel about life and everything related to it.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Raghu Dixit Live at DHOOP





Dhoop as the name explains is a very warm, earthy and interesting art and craft store in Mumbai. They source and promote traditional handicrafts (contemporized it as well) from different villages in India. The use of natural products fibers and textures gives a refreshing look to all the home décor products sold there.

Raghu Dixit, my dear friend (of the ‘The Raghu Dixit Project’) was in town to sign up his contract with the Music Director duo Vishal and Shekhar . They will be soon launching his albums. Raghu invited me to a proactive gig at Dhoop (The store) on Tuesday evening. It was a small gathering of 30 – 35 people.

Well it was an opportunity I couldn’t just miss. My golden opportunity, to get to hear Raghu live that too after 4 years. And most importantly would get to hear his ‘Full’ songs, considering on his site all I get to hear is few lines of his songs.

Besides I was meeting Raghu in person after 2.5 years. But amazingly it just didn’t feel that way. Yes lots has happened in our lives in these years passed by, which we were not aware of. However the friendship and warmth was just the same. That’s why some one rightly said “The Best Friendship doesn’t come when your together, it comes when your apart and when you realize that despite distances and silence…The friendship survives”

As the performance began you could see Raghu dressed in something which had a ethnic yet contemporary feel to it, just like his music. The ambiance just enhanced the performance. Inspite of Raghu being not being accompanied by his band , the strumming of his guitar with his eyes closed, his unique voice and the melodious notes of the ghunghroos (that he wore in his feet to give his music a rustic feel ) just won the hearts of gathering of the audience. Everyone in the room, were just amazed but his style. He sang about 7 – 8 songs with a lot of passion.

My all time favorite still remains “ No Man will Love you …Like I Do” I really enjoyed and felt privileged to get to hear his two new songs “ Ambar” and “ Khidki”.

Here are some pictures of the gig so that you can picture the ambiance and stunning performance that really enthralled and entertained the crowd.

Just like every one in the room I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. I am sure his Albums will do very well. For those who have visited his site www.raghudixit.comand like his music. You can SMS OML Raghu to 7575 to get to know more about his album release or concerts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home